Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happily Ever After

Sometimes you just want an HEA ending to a book.  Every once in a while, after reading a string of heavier themed books or just books that require complete and total attention, I need a break.  I need HEAs.  So, I take a week or two and read some great romance novels. You know the type... alpha male, smart heroine, witty repartee, adventure, rescue, etc.. Don't turn your nose up at the romance novel.  Many have good story lines; likable flawed characters; sound historical research and satisfying endings.  I enjoy romance novels set in Regency England and also medieval Scotland and England .  Some of my favorites are part of a series so I get to revisit the character and see how they're faring a few years down the road.  


In case you're interested in delving into the romance genre, a few favorite authors include:

  • Stephanie Laurens - The Cynster Series, The Bastion Club Series, & The Black Cobra Quartet
  • Julia Quinn - The Bridgerton Series and others that aren't related
  • Catherine Coulter - The Bride Series and others unrelated
  • Julie Garwood 
  • Lisa Kleypas 
  • Suzie Enoch
Enjoy!
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment